Always be careful with water at the risk of being contaminated with harmful bacteria, irrespective of using it for laundry, drinking, bathing, or swimming, there is always the risk of coming in contact with contaminants. Therefore, water quality is a concern for all of us.
Do you know that you can test the quality of the water you use? If you’re really concerned about the safety of your drinking water, a water testing kit is an easy way to find out if there are contaminants in the water. There are so many water testing kits available in the market that allow you to check whether the quality of your water is good or not. There are various types of kits as well, and they come at multiple prices for people to use healthier water.
What Do Water Kits Test For?
Water test kits are specially manufactured to detect the contaminants in your water, so you can take the proper measures to ensure your safety. Water test kits detect any contaminants, like iron, lead, nitrate, chlorine, nitrite, alkalinity, pesticides, hardness, bacteria, and many others. Water testing kits are an easy way to gain valuable insight into the quality of the water you rely upon for drinking, cooking, bathing, laundry, and more. In-home water test kits could detect these and not only in different water sources, allowing you to live a healthy life with safe and contaminant-free water.
Water Test Kits and the Benefits You Should Consider Before Buying
When you purchase a product, you need to be careful always about the benefits it comes with, so you can decide if the investment is worth it or not.
For Comfort of Your Home:
The great about home water test kits is that you can use them at home, and you don’t need to call an expert to complete such a test often. All you have to do is fill up some recipients with water you want to test and use the test kit you purchased. In various ways, the tests will show you if the water you are using is safe or not. Thus, they help you take measures in case the water is bad.
Drinking water that is contaminated by harmful chemicals could have a serious impact on you and your health. If the test is negative, and contaminate-free then you know you have to take some safety measures to stop the contamination and start drinking clean water again.
Sometimes, in order to get rid of the contamination, you have to fix up devices that help the case. For example, instead of getting a conventional showerhead, you could purchase a specialized one with disinfectant properties. Even though you have to spend some money on specialized kits from the wallet, at least you will know that you and your family are safe.
Detect Various Contaminants
Even though you don’t need an expert’s help to test your water supply quality, you can still find out the exact contaminant/s in your water. Home water test kits may be different than lab test kits, but they still do their job properly. Therefore, not only that you will find out whether your water is contaminated or not, but you will also know exactly what the contaminants are which harmful to your health.
Buying Guide on Water Test Kits
It’s important to know what kind of product you’re dealing with before you purchase it, which we’ve prepared this buying guide.
When you’re looking for test kits that help you determine the quality, sort, and kind of the water in your home, there are two options you could go for. You have tests that give you instant results (home test kits) or tests you have to send to a laboratory in order to find out more about your water’s quality. They are both great and perfect for providing information about the water in a household.
Important Things to Consider Before Getting a Home Water Test Kit
1.Contaminants: There are some tests that can detect a wide variety of contaminants, while others only detect about two types. The latter ones are less expensive, as you may expect. However, all the time, the ones that detect multiple types of bacteria are more useful. After all, you don’t know what you’re dealing with, so you need an accurate way to decide what type of bacteria is affecting your water and your wellbeing.
2.Water Source: Before you decide to buy a water kit, you need to think about the water source you are using is it a public water supply, a well, or is it from your faucet or pool. Usually, water test kits are formulated for various sources of water, and they can detect the most common contaminants in them.
3.Testing Procedure: As you already know that there are more types of tests. Some are more accurate than others, but a little more expensive. If you have enough time, you should consider a test that requires you to send it to a laboratory, as that option is more accurate. If not, you should purchase a test kit that gives you immediate results, so you don’t have to wait for the testing facility results.
1. Watersafe Drinking Water Test Kit
This Watersafe Drinking Water Test Kit contains everything you need to screen your drinking water for harmful contaminants, such as tests for lead, pesticides, bacteria, nitrates/nitrites, chlorine, and more. Easy instructions are provided, and great science project.
About this item:
- It’s never been more important to stay-at-home orders, you must make sure that your home resources are safe for the whole family to consume. Even with water filters or water purifiers, you must screen your water monthly to be 100% sure of its safety.
- Rapid Lead Test has been validated in an EPA-certified laboratory to detect lead in drinking water at minuscule levels no other water test kit can claim that.
- The Watersafe brand has been keeping American families safe for close to 25 years trusted brand. The product is Made in the USA to EPA standards, and guarantee satisfaction or your money back.
- Comforting detect chemicals that are colorless and odorless of water.
- The EPA recommends testing your water once per year with peace of mind, but that wouldn’t have saved the children in Flint, Michigan. We recommend you screen your water with Watersafe Test Kits once per month for peace of mind.
2. 16 in 1 Drinking Water Test Kit
Water dissolves many minerals, chemicals, and foreign substances, hence, can get contaminated with harmful contents to the body. Contaminated drinking water can carry bacteria that can harm our bodies and make us sick. Our 16 in 1 Drinking Water Test Kit is the perfect solution for a complete water ‘check-up’ before consumption, keeping you and your family safe. It is easy to use, provides quick and accurate results in 1 minute, and instantly.
About this item:
- Everything you need to test your water, and it tests for 16 parameters, to make sure lead-free and pH safe drinking water testing tube and dropper included in every kit for easy sample collection.
- 100 testing strips are packed in 10 sealable bags with the dry agent to make sure the long shelf life and reliable results. Strips in an open package should be used within 90 days while an unopened package can last up to two years. You don’t need to rush using all 100 strips within 90 days because it is bagged the strips separately.
- Test every water source around your home, including drinking, well and tap water, pool & spa, hot tub, and aquarium for multiple uses.
- CE certified for proven, reliable, and quick, and instant results in 2 minutes easy to use, and great for school projects.
- Detects low levels of impurities and foreign substances and keeps your family safe and in the peace of mind.
3. Well Water Test Kit
Well Water Test Kit Tests for 8 different contaminants and important water parameters, which are linked to serious illness, and health issues, plumbing problems (such as pipe corrosion), hardness and limescale buildup, smelling or looking water, awful tasting, and more.
About this item:
- Wells easily become contaminated so don’t put you and your family at risk of illness, plumbing problems, and other issues. This is why it’s often recommended to test four (or more) times per year with Well Water Test Kit.
- If you use a private well, your water is not regulated under the Safe Drinking Water Act, then with this test though, you can check for the most common contaminants according to federal law EPA limits, and Made In USA In Line With EPA standards.
- The step-by-step simple directions are clearly laid out, making it easy to get accurate results. Simply compare your results to the included color-coded card to check the levels of each contaminant of water.
- Not much expensive and lengthy lab tests, every test in this kit can be completed at home. You can find out the results for almost all of the contaminants very quickly in under 5 minutes.
Also see: wingsol water filter reviews
3. 16 in 1 Drinking Water Test Kit
16 in 1 Drinking Water Test Kit Hofun water test strips are equipped with 16 major functions, including PH, Mercury, Lead, Iron, Copper, Total Alkalinity, Hardness, Nitrite, Nitrate, Bromine, Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, Fluoride, Chromium/Cr, Carbonate Root, Cyanuric acid, covers main influencing factors which pollute your swimming pool, hot tub or drinking water quality which harms serious issues to your health.
About this item:
- Hofun spa test kit is sweet enough to equip with a dropper & test tube, which would avoid water pollution and make a convenient easy operation.
- Hof is a wide water usage kit and tests 16 in 1 water test strips can be applied to a wide range of water inspection, like drinking water, pool, hot tub, spa, pond, aquarium, industrial wastewater, etc.
- Hofun specializes in testing & measuring area for years and adopts the most reliable, accurate, and scientific strips on our products to assure the accuracy of testing water quality.
- Hofun water test kit is absolutely economic and perfect value for money, which will last 6 months if tested 2 times per week. It’s also time-saving due to its convenient operation.
4. Lead Iron Copper and Mercury – Home Water Test Kit
About this item:
- Lead Iron Copper and Mercury – Home Water Test Kit detects unsafe levels of 4 common heavy metals in your drinking water within 15 minutes. The kit is simple, and clear instructions given make this hassle-free test kit super easy to use at home.
- Don’t rely on foreign-made test kits which are often designed for wastewater testing, not drinking water. All our tests are made in the USA and calibrated to EPA standards. This means you can rely on the test results to indicate the safety of your water.
- Unlike other versions on the market, these test strips allow for measurements in very fine and accurate increments. Whether you are testing heavy metals in your well, tap or filtered water, low-level detection, exact and accuracy is a must.
- Instead of a cumulative sum, this testing kit tells you exactly which metals are present in your water. This easy to use test kit contains Lead, Copper, Iron, and Mercury tests.
5. Safe Home LEAD in Drinking Water Test Kit
Safe Home LEAD in Drinking Water Test Kit contains a set of water quality test vessels to allow you to test your drinking water for 100% TOTAL LEAD (Dissolved and Solid). Two Lead (Pb) Tests detect the amount of Lead coming from both your water supply and plumbing fixtures in your home. Safe and easy to use, with no additional cost to ship your water samples back to our laboratory for testing.
Safe Home’s EPA-Certified Laboratory Testing gives the required accuracy to confirm if your water exceeds the Federal Maximum Contamination Limits set by the EPA for human consumption. Test results will suggest the exact numeric value and condition-of-safety for each drinking water sample tested for Lead (Pb). Contains a bonus Safe Home Do-It-Yourself Bacteria in Water Test. Conduct this test yourself at your own convenience and in the comfort of your own home. The very best value in high accuracy and dependability for your family’s drinking water safety.
About this item:
- The kit is made in the USA and supported by certified scientists with over 150 years of combined experience in testing drinking water.
- Provides separate values for Lead in your water supply vs. Lead leaching from your plumbing fixtures to detect total lead.
- The lowest Detection Level in the industry is 1 ppb (0.001 ppm). Lab fees and return-shipping is included. Detailed report available on any electronic device, and within 3-5 business days after we receive your water sample or your next kit, is Free.
- Safe Home donates a portion of every test kit sale to clean water initiatives around the globe. The video is provided to learn more.
Also see: apex mr 1030 countertop water filter
6. Pro Water Hardness Test Kit
Pro Water Hardness Test Kit‘s test strips make monitoring your water hardness easier than ever before. No need to mess with chemicals or calibration. Simply dip the strip into the water and you can compare it with a large color chart on the bottle. Easy to read a color chart is provided. High-quality testing strips allow you to monitor your water up to a year.
About this item:
- From red to green, the large color chart makes distinguishing your test results effortless and easy to read.
- The total hardness is measured in both 0-25 GPG and 0-425 PPM, making it a perfect tool to calibrate your water softener or simply check the hardness of the water.
- Save time and get accurate test results within seconds. No need to visit a hardware store or wait for the lab experts to check the quality of your water.
- The reliable and consistent accuracy of these test strips gives a simple and convenient way to measure water hardness.
- Simple and clear instructions make easy to use the kit, and these hassle-free test strips super easy to use. You don’t need to mess with a complicated test kit to reliably check the hardness of your water.
- Simply dip the strip into the water and compare it with a large color chart on the bottle provided.
- 50 high-quality test strips provide a cost-effective way to regularly test your water softener, aquarium, pool, and spa water gives excellent value.
- If you don’t use some strips they remain airtight and dry for future use, allowing you to carry out measurements up to 10 months after initial use.
- You can always count on our team of EPA experts, with more than 30 years of expertise in the water quality industry. That’s why we are single-mindedly devoted to helping you with any questions you may have about water quality testing or the test strips.
Water testing kits are a great investment when you want to detect contaminants in the water in your home. Not only that they offer you a variety of options when it comes to the way they operate, but they are also able to detect many types of waterborne contaminants that create health issues. Moreover, some home water test kits are very cheap, so you don’t need to spend a fortune for your safety.
However, before purchasing any type of product, you need to be well-informed. You need to know the types of products out there, their features, their benefits, and the main factors to consider, etc. And this is exactly what this article does for you it will help you make a better decision and buy.